Hud advises each Section 8 housing authority to notify its constituents of an in the following manner:
“OPENING THE WAITING LIST
ADVERTISING AND OUTREACH SUGGESTIONS
• Submit press release to local newspapers, including minority newspapers.
• Write and submit a human-interest story with photographs to a local newspaper.
• Distribute flyers or applications through schools, community agencies, welfare
offices, employers, union offices, neighborhood groups, hospitals, commercial
establishments (supermarkets, discount stores, laundromats), libraries, and
• Print mail-in applications in local newspapers, including minority papers.
• Request community service announcements through local television and radio.
• Purchase advertising on subways and buses.
• Purchase advertising in local newspapers, including minority papers.
• Ask supportive service organizations to participate in the outreach effort.
• Solicit referrals from agencies working with families least likely to apply”
I don’t know about you, but I have not seen any of such advertising. Soon, by becoming a member you’ll be notified of such openings by email as I research them further.
- How To Apply For The Section 8 Housing Program Voucher
- "On Section 8 waiting list for like FOREVER!"
- Sonoma County, CA Waiting List is Open
- Section 8 housing Florida
- FAQ #3: Where can I find a Section 8 housing list?