Each housing authority contracted to run a Section 8 program reserves the right to open or close the waiting list based on the number of applicants. The
waiting list will be closed when there are not enough housing subsidies to assist all the applicants
in a reasonable period of time, such as one or two years. When Section 8 determines that additional
applicants are needed, the will
be posted. You can get more information about such announcements here.
All notices in the advertising announcing the opening of the waiting list will include:
• the dates the list will be open;
• the office hours and location where applications are available and will be accepted;
• the availability of Housing Choice Vouchers;
• eligibility guidelines;
• preferences for the selection of applicants; and
• any limitations which may apply.
- How does Section 8 notify the public when the application waiting list opens?
- Massachusetts Waiting List Open
- Attention Californians! Fresno to open up waitlist for first time in 5 years!
- Chandler Arizona to Open Section 8 Wait List
- California Section 8 Wait List Opens