California Section 8 Waiting List Opens Today

A California Wait List is Opening today. Obviously this is a big deal.

It is rare that a section 8 waiting  list opens up in a huge state like California so this is your

Chance to capitilize on my breaking news brought to you exclusively by  Section8Facts.com

Here’s the Facts that we know so far:

• Yolo county housing authority
  • Accepting applications from Monday May 16, 2011 8am – May 26 at 5pm
  • Wait list may close sooner depending on volume so you must jump on this now!!!
  • Pre-applications will be accepted online here
  • Yolo county housing authority has housing in Esparto, Knights Landing, West Sacramento, Winters, Woodland and Yolo

Comments

1. My situation may be a little different. My husband recently lost his job. I’m on SSID. Needless to say our income has taken a deep cut. The house we’re renting is owned by friends of ours who live out of state (We’re in CA). If they were interested in becoming Section 8 landlords and my husband and I Section 8 tenants (if we qualify) is this possible? How would this work if the potential landlords live in a different state?

If someone could let me know by replying directly to my email (sirrap2@att.net) I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

• laurasection8 says:

1st Step is to call Section 8 and find out if they’re taking applications. Let’s assume they are.
      2nd you apply. Let’s assume you qualify.
      3rd you are listed in their waiting list until they draft your application number. Depending on the situation you might wait for several years until you finally receive your voucher.
      In the meantime you are on your own. As for your friend/Landlord, he’ll only have to fill out property description and his contact info and pass the inspection. He will be able to collect rent by direct deposit.
      We have a lot of info in this site you should check. Knowledge is key!

2. section 8 has just sent me papes after being on the waiting list for 4 years…. here is my problem, I will be going to school out of state Winter december 2011, Can I trafer my section 8 once I am approved??

• laurasection8 says:

I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes! As far as I know you will have to be there for 1 year. You’ll have to choose between one (Section8 ) or the other (School) unless you find a way around it.

3. what california county has the quickest waitlist for section 8? i currently live in oakland, and realize moving to a different county would possibly allow me to get approved quicker…

• laurasection8 says:

If you are in the waiting list you cannot move to a different county until you’ve lived for at least one year at the district where you applied.

4. I have lived in San Bernardino County ,Ca. for 10 years but in different cities therin. Do I have to apply according to city or county? And If i have SSI and a child does it help my chances of getting called sooner?

• laurasection8 says:

It’s by County. San Bernardino County Housing Program Offices has three offices in various cities:

Business Hours: 9 AM to 4 PM Monday – Thursday & Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (every other Friday off)

San Bernardino Office – Areas Covered: Bryn Mawr, Lytle Creek, & San Bernardino (909) 890-9533
      Ontario Office – Areas Covered: Alta Loma, Bloomington, Chino, Etiwanda, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Rialto, & the unincorporated areas of Pomona
      (909) 983-1318
      Victorville Office – Areas Covered: Adelanto, Apple Valley, Baker, Barstow, Big Bear, Cedar Glen, Crestline, Daggett, Green Valley Lake, Helendale, Hesperia, Hinkley, JoshuaTree, Lucerne Valley, Morongo Valley, Oro Grande, Phelan, Pinon Hills, Sugar Loaf, 29 Palms, Twin Peaks, Victorville, Wrightwood, Yermo, & Yucca Valley
      (760) 243-1043

5. ive been in the waiting list for almost 5 years, but ihave not been responded from the agency to notify, what is my status on the waitting list, so my question is How can i know whT IS MY POSITION IN THE WAITING LIST OR HOW MUCH LONGER I HAVE TO WAIT?

• laurasection8 says:

You have to call your local Housing Authority. Depending on the office you might be able to get info by phone. Sometimes they only accept written requests or in person. So I guess that’s the 1st step. Call them up and just ask. Good Luck!

6. karin watson says:

I reached the top of the Section 8 waiting list in Sonoma, but am living in Seattle – so they put me on the `inactive list’. They said once I move down and start using `homeless services’ I’ll be eligible for the next draw, which could be up to 11 months.

I’m disabled with an autoimmune and pain condition, and am alone. I’d really appreciate any advice re: if it’s possible to `speed up the process’ once I get down there. I’m too ill to stay in shelters, especially since I have a sleep condition…but there are no shelters for disabled folks. And then there’s the matter of trying to drag my body down there. I do have a car, thank goodness…and can camp. But that won’t move me up on the list. Does anyone know if the `emergency section 8′ process exists in Sonoma, and if so, how I can get it without staying in a shelter?

Thanks SO much! Karin

• karin watson says:

PS: Sonoma, California. And the waiting time for housing I was told is anywhere from 3 weeks to 11 months, “depending on when the next draw is”. Hope that clarifies things.

• laurasection8 says:

They do have a preference system which includes people with disabilities. You should call (707) 565-7500 and find out your chances of getting it now.